In fulfilment to the Implementation Plan to demolish excess ammunition in AF, the Ammunition Demolition Board’s main objectives in 2011 were:
- Demolition of 25,000 tons of ammunition.
- Reduction of 5 ammunition depot groups of high priority.
- Augmentation of sales of ammunition and explosives.
In compliance with the objectives for 2011 and undertaken commitment were demolished in plants, shooting ranges, and sold and exported 26,500 tons of ammunition, and specifically:
- 11,487 tons of ammunition were disposed in shooting ranges.
- 12,780 tons of ammunition were demilitirazed in plants.
- 2,203 tons were sold and exported.
An important role in these achievements has played the installation of three industrial dismantling lines in ULP Mjekës (1 line) and KM Poliçan (2 lines), as well as the reduction of seven ammunition depot groups (of high priority) in Dhëmblan, Sinanaj, Ndroq, Bërsnik, Murrash, Bardhaj, and Rrenxë.
This graph shows the amount of excess ammunition demolished during 2009-2011. As it appears, the total amount is 53,693 tons of demolished ammunition.